AT&T Is on the Lookout for Black Filmmakers! Don't Miss out
AT&T is looking to collaborate with Black Filmmakers for 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
The Tribeca Film festival takes place every Spring as a platform for up and coming filmmaking teams. Since beginning its roots in the aftermath of 9/11, Tribeca has grown to highlight an extremely wide variety of genres and media. Alongside film, last year’s edition brought to life current HULU originals like “The Handmaid's Tale”. 2018 will spark a change that most noticed missing long ago; lack of African American representation. Many have debated if this is due to lack of support given to African American filmmakers or the lack of African American filmmakers altogether.
AT&T has stepped in as a way to draw the line next year by giving minorities the additional support to make it to the festival and beyond the event itself. In order to see Black representation, this also calls on the duty of our community to step forward in pursuit of bringing dreams to fruition.
To want representation is one thing however to incite action we must support entrepreneurs of all forms especially in areas that we are stereotypically represented.
As a community, we need to take advantage of opportunities representing ourselves for ourselves with dignity. We cannot complain about poor representation and simultaneously maintain mental roadblocks of not feeling “good enough”. Take a chance and bet on yourself!
Creators this year are also able to submit features and short films through the digital system Withoutabox.
Check out submission deadline dates below:
· Sept. 5: Submissions open
· Oct. 18: Early deadline for features and shorts, Tribeca TV, Tribeca Immersive and N.O.W.
· Nov. 22: Official deadline A for features, TV, immersive and N.O.W.
· Dec. 1: Official deadline B for shorts
· Dec. 13: Early deadline for Tribeca X Awards; late deadline for features, TV, Immersive, N.O.W.
· Jan. 12: Official deadline for Tribeca X Award
· Feb 14: Late deadline for Tribeca X Award
· April 18-29: 2018 Tribeca Film Festival
Let us know if you plan to attend the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival this year, we will be there! Email: UrbanFreedomEvents@gmail.com